Sunday, October 5, 2008

Back so soon!




Well, many of you emailed me and told me how you enjoyed the blog! Thank you! I had no idea we were so interesting! LOL
So today, I will try to answer some of your questions! First of all, one of my dear friends isn't familiar with blogs and wanted to know what in the world it is! Well, a blog is rather like a public diary! The word itself is a contraction of the term "web log". The entries are made in a journal style and displayed in a reverse chronological order. The reader is able to list a comment at the end of each entry. Be sure to add a comment from time to time!
Spencer and Stacia's baby is due in December and they are not finding out the sex. It will be a surprise to all of us! They are keeping the names a surprise too. We will have lots of Christmas surprises this year! She is due the first part of December so Christmas this year will so fun!! She sure is a cute pregnant Momma!
I'm not real good at this yet and I haven't quite figured out how to get the pictures exactly where I want them. I am going to have to talk to Stacia AGAIN! But pictured above is one of the pieces that Andy is working on. It is the bottom half of a Hoosier cabinet. It was covered in cracked white paint. I actually liked the look for several years. I would see the style in various magazines, I even would see where you could, on purpose, make your furniture look that way! My Mother would always just shake her head at the fact that I liked it! Well, I must say it is way more beautiful since Andy has refinished it. He is working on the top part now. I can't wait until he gets it done and moves onto the next piece! I have enough projects to keep him in his hobby for a long time! LOL
The picture of Kyleigh shows her PJ pants that she sewed! I taught her to sew one day and this is what she chose to do. She did a very good job and is excited to sew again. Did you know that kids don't learn to sew in school anymore? At least not at our school. The class is still called Home Ec., but they learn about peer presure and bullying instead. I have been told that the teacher hired to do the job, doesn't like to sew, so she teaches other things!! Go figure!
Well, I think that I answered all the questions posed to me, if not, let me know!
Next time I will post pictures of Andy on his b'day. He turned 50 on the 29th of Sept. We are going to celebrate it this coming Saturday, but I took his picture on his BIG day! Wow, I am married to an old man! And I know that my time is coming!!

No comments: