Saturday, October 4, 2008

And so we are back!

Okay, I haven't kept up with this like I thought I would, BUT I think it may be better from now on.....BECAUSE Verizon has activated a tower close to home and we now have much better service for our cell phones AND I use my Blackberry as my modem and that means.........YES, high speed internet!!! Okay, it's not high speed like Andy has at his office, but I can actually go from page to page without having long conversations while a page is loading! I can even watch youtube videos! Imagine that, we have arrived, way out here in the boonies!
Tonight, my 16 year old son, took me out on a date. He spared no expense, popcorn was included with the movie :^D We went to see Eagle Eye, a very intense, good movie. We had fun together and that was the important part. I remember going out with Christopher and Spencer like that when they were younger. I like spending one on one time with my kids, it makes for closer relationships.
We are seeing more of Christopher these days as he has moved back home for a few days. He needed a bit more time to get into a new place, after his roommate moved to Fla. It's been nice to have him around. I kinda like the guy ;^)
Kyleigh made fudge today for the first time. She did a great job! She seems to really like baking and cooking. That works for me! I'd rather not spend time in the kitchen!
Carter is doing a great job learning to play the sax. He is getting better and better as the days go by. He practices at home and when he does, our dog, Juno "sings" along with him. Yes, he practices inside and Juno sings outside! What a hoot!
Spencer and Stacia are anxiously waiting for the birth of their little one! Stacia is loving feeling the baby move and Spencer loves to talk to the baby! Everything seems to be going very well and we are all thankful that there have been no problems. We can't wait to see who that little one is!!
Andy has started a new hobby, well, he has always enjoyed it, but lately he has been doing more of it. He is refinishing pieces of furniture. He is awesome at it! The furniture looks beautiful when he is done. I am more than happy for him to work on his hobby! I am ending up with some real works of art!
Well, enough for today. I will tell of our new roles in the various plays and musicals that we are doing the next time!

2 comments:

Giving Voice said...

Hey Lori
THanks for posting. This is great. And congrats on high speed access - totally changes your time management system, eh? You sound wonderful and I'm thrilled to hear the updates on everyone. Enjoy the bonus time with Christopher - that's really cool. Love and hugs to all.

Vera Sittler said...

This is great and I have the bug....am doing my own blog. Now I will test to see if I can get this comment to go through. Love you so much. Mother